Monday, January 30, 2012

DIY detergent

You know, for the longest time we have had trouble with our front loader washing machine.
Don't get me wrong - I LOVE IT. It's just... well it gets stinky and kind of grundgy at times.

We figured out that it's not too bad if we use powdered detergent, then after more research, realized we needed detergent made for super hard water, which we have.
Fast forward (lots and lots of research later) and we have determined that most of the commercial detergents out there just really mess up our washer, even if they are powdered and made for hard water.

Today at the grocery store I broke. I just couldn't see spending another dime on something that just won't work for us. I remembered a while back I had found a link on Pinterest (which of course I can't find NOW) on a DIY powdered detergent. All I could remember was that the photo had a box of Arm & Hammer something and Borax. So I googled "DIY Powdered Detergent Borax" and came up with this fantastic result.

Jabs homemade laundry detergent

Standing there, in the detergent aisle I thought -
that's brilliant! i can totally do that!




So I bought a box of Borax, a box of Arm & Hammer Soda Wash, and a 10 pack of Ivory Soap.

I'll let you know how it goes...





No comments: